Level 5 Certificate in Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL) TQUK
The TQUK Level 5 TEFL Certificate in Teaching English as a Foreign Language (RQF) is a standalone qualification that provides all the in-depth skills you need to teach English as a second language.
This qualification is regulated by Ofqual (The Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation). This means that the UK government has approved the qualification, considering it equivalent to the following: a diploma of higher education (DipHE), a foundation degree, 2 years at university and the CELTA and Trinity CertTESOL qualifications.
(32 credits at Level 5 / 180 Guided learning hours)
Pay in Four
Split the payment over 4 instalments
Pay in Full
Pay in four
Split the payment over 4 months
Download the full training guide
If you dreamed of a teaching career abroad or passionate about improving English for English as Second Language pupils here in the UK, then this qualification meets your needs.
Finding the right TEFL course can be confusing but increasingly language schools around the world are seeking higher calibre candidates that hold a formal TEFL qualification. The Level 5 TEFL Certificate is aimed at professionals looking to teach English abroad or online and if you are looking to teach English overseas, we strongly recommend you hold a Level 5 Certificate.
As a UK and OFQUAL regulated qualification it is an internationally recognised and sought-after qualification. You will have full support and guidance from a personal tutor for the duration of the course.
In addition, we are able to offer the full development and recruitment package through our sister company, Connex Education International. They can help support your search for an overseas job opportunity with our complimentary recruitment support and free access to a growing library of online CPD. If you wish to remain UK based, then Connex Education Partnership will support your recruitment search for a TEFL position more local to home.
Who is this course for?
Professionals wishing to develop the skills and knowledge to specialise in the teaching of English to speakers of other languages overseas or those who wish to become TEFL-qualified teachers from the comfort of their own home.
This course will develop knowledge of:
- The English language and how to teach it
- How to assess the needs of learners
- Preparing lesson plans and schemes of work
- Resources and materials
- Adapting resources and lessons to meet the needs of younger learners.
- Made up of eleven units
- 180 guided learning hours (Guided learning hours are the awarding bodies estimate of how long a student will need to spend studying to complete their qualification.)
- 32 credits at Level 5 (Credits can be used for “credit transfer” towards other qualifications. They can be added together and built up over time)
- This is a distance-learning course that can be completed in your own time
- Assignments will be accessed via the online learning portal when they are to be completed and returned to the course tutor for assessment.
- You will receive timely feedback to improve your work should you need to.
- Personal Tutoring and coaching from a qualified teacher (the importance of this cannot be underestimated).
- After the successful completion of the course, you will receive your nationally recognised certificate.
- Suggested completion time – 320 hours Total Qualification Time (TQT)* with completion taking up to one year.
*(TQT) is the total amount of time, in hours, expected to be spent by a Student to achieve a qualification. It includes both guided learning hours (which are listed separately) and hours spent in preparation, study and assessment.
- Level 5 Certificate in Teaching English as a Foreign Language (RQF)
Awarded by Training Qualifications UK Ltd
Regulated by Ofqual
Once qualified you will be able to teach English as a foreign language and for those with degrees it could lead to undertaking a teaching qualification and achieving QTS. Through our sister company Connex Education International we can help you find your first TEFL post abroad.
You will need to have achieved at least a Level 2, A-C, or 4-9 GCSE equivalent in English and Maths to study this course. A proficient level of spoken and written English is essential.