Level 3 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
This qualification will provide you with an understanding of the knowledge and skills needed when working directly with children or young people in primary, secondary or specialist schools. You will learn about children and young people’s development, safeguarding their welfare and communication.
You will earn UCAS points with this qualification.
(26 credits at Level 3 / 180 Guided learning hours)
Pay in Four
Pay in Full
Pay in four
Split the payment over 4 months
Download the full training guide
This OFQUAL regulated distance learning qualification, recognised by schools and OFSTED, provides the skills to work in a school as a Teaching Assistant.
You will have full support and guidance from a personal tutor for the duration of the course. This qualification involves a school-based placement, and we will support you in finding your required school hours with our complimentary placement support.
Who is this course for
This course is suitable for Teaching and Learning Support Assistants in a school role or newly in post to gain a teaching and learning qualification giving you the skills and confidence for progression. This qualification provides a wider breadth of units than the Level 3 Award in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools and is suitable for those who wish to work in a school as a qualified Level 3 Teaching Assistant.
- Made up of eleven units
- 180 guided learning hours (Guided learning hours are the awarding bodies estimate of how long a student will need to spend studying to complete their qualification.)
- 32 credits at Level 3 (Credits can be used for “credit transfer” towards other qualifications. They can be added together and built up over time)
- This is a distance-learning course that can be completed in your own time.
- Assignments will be accessed via the online learning portal when they are to be completed and returned to the course tutor for assessment.
- You will receive timely feedback to improve your work should you need to.
- Personal Tutoring and coaching from a qualified teacher (the importance of this cannot be underestimated).
- After the successful completion of the course, you will receive your nationally recognised certificate.
- Suggested completion time – 320 hours Total Qualification Time (TQT)* with completion taking up to one year.
*(TQT) is the total amount of time, in hours, expected to be spent by a Student to achieve a qualification. It includes both guided learning hours (which are listed separately) and hours spent in preparation, study and assessment.
To gain your Level 3 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools qualification you will be required to complete a minimum of fifty hours in a school-based placement. We will support you in finding your required school hours and this maybe as a supply or part time paid role with our complimentary placement support.
- Understand child and young person development.
- Support learning activities.
- Understand how to safeguard the welfare of children and young people.
- Communication and professional relationships with children, young people and adults.
- Promote equality, diversity and inclusion in work with children and young people.
- Support assessment for learning.
- Develop professional relationships with children, young people and adults.
- Support children and young people’s health and safety.
- Promote children and young people’s positive behaviour.
- Schools as organisations.
- Engage in personal development in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings.
There is no experience or previous qualifications required for enrolment on this course. It is available to all students, of all academic backgrounds. Ideally, you will hold a Level 2 in English and Maths. A proficient level of spoken and written English is essential.